HYDRO TRADES SCHOLARSHIP
HYDRO Extrusion of Cressona will award up to 6 Trade School Scholarships!!! This scholarship will cover eligible expenses up to $10,000/year for students in the Class of 2023. Recipients must commit to working at HYDRO upon graduation for three years.
If you are planning to attend, or are considering attending, the following schools for the listed majors, then please apply for this scholarship by May 19, 2023:
Lehigh Carbon Community College
o Industrial Automation
o Electrical Technology
o Electro-Mechanical Technology
o Integrated Machining
o Electrical Technology
Pennsylvania College of Technology
o Mechatronic Technology
o Machine Tool Technology
o Electrical Technology
Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form allows you to be considered for federal student aid. In addition, states and colleges use FAFSA information to award their own grants, scholarships, and loans. But, since aid is limited, you have to meet the deadlines!
May 1, 2023
All other applicants: May 1, 2023, by midnight CT. Additional forms may be required.
Aug. 1, 2023
All first-time applicants enrolled in a community college; business, trade, or technical school; hospital school of nursing; designated Pennsylvania open-admission institution; or nontransferable two-year program: Aug. 1, 2023, by midnight Central time (CT).
HARCUM COLLEGE PROMISE SCHOLARSHIP
Harcum is offering a Promise Scholarship of $10,000, guaranteed to all students who enroll in the following majors for a Fall 2023 start:
Their application process is simple and only takes a few minutes to apply (no essay or letter of recommendation is required). Please see the application link @ https://experience.harcum.edu/applynow/inquiryform Harcum also offers two suite-style residence halls for students who wish to live on campus.
Any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions Monday through Friday to speak with an Admissions Counselor. To schedule a tour or for more information, please email email@example.com or call 610-526-6050 and speak to:
Vice President of Enrollment Management
The Zhihua and David Xu $500.00 Scholarship 2023
About the Scholarship:
Mr. & Mrs. Xu are awarding this scholarship based on 25% Paid employment, 25% Volunteer service, and 50% GPA because they believe in education, hard work, and giving back to your community. Mrs. Xu has worked in Information Technology for decades and Mr. Xu has retired from the U.S. Army after 30 years of service.
*Must have at least a 2.5 GPA
*Must work, OR, have worked, for pay – at least part-time – Employment
*Must volunteer in the community
*Must be planning to attend a post-secondary education
facility: College, University, Business, Trade, Technical, or Nursing school.
Deadline: Applications must be returned to the Guidance Office by APRIL 27, 2023
*Printed copies of the application are available in Guidance.
FULTON BANK WOMEN IN TECHNOLOGY SCHOLARSHIP 2023
1. Applicants must identify as female.
2. Applicants must be a senior in high school residing within the Fulton Bank footprint (Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, District of Columbia and Virginia).
3. Applicants must be accepted and in the process of enrolling in an accredited two-to-four-year undergraduate degree program.
4. Applicants must state their intent to major in a STEM field.
5. Applicants cannot be a dependent child of an active Fulton Bank or Fulton Financial Corporation employee.
6. Applicants must complete the application process by submitting to WITScholarship@fultonbank.com the following documents:
* A completed Fulton Bank Women in Technology Scholarship Application;
* A copy of an official document that demonstrates current home address – this can be a driver’s license or other official document;
* Two (2) letters of recommendation from individuals other than family members
* Original high school transcripts
* Acceptance and confirmation of plans to attend school in the 2023/2024 academic school year from the accredited undergraduate school. This can include assigned student ID or letter from the school.
The judging of scholarship applications will be based on multiple factors including academic achievement as detailed on high school transcripts (showing grade point average), extracurricular activities, leadership qualities, honors or awards, work experience, a written essay and two letters of recommendation.
All applications and appropriate supporting documentation must be received by Friday, May 5, 2023 in order to be considered for a scholarship award.
SOL LIPTON SCHOLARSHIP IS DUE APRIL 24TH. IF YOU WANT GUIDANCE TO SUBMIT THE SCHOLARSHIP FOR YOU, PLEASE SUBMIT IT TO GUIDANCE BY APRIL 17TH! APPLICATION
Mid Penn Bank serves as Trustee of the Kasper-Whelan Education Trust, established by the Last Will & Testament of Anthony John Orlick. This fund was established to provide scholarships up to $1,500 per person for any person/student pursuing education after high school that is a Schuylkill County resident with a family income limit under $250,000.00. The number of scholarships awarded will vary each year.
This Scholarship will be advertised in the Republican Herald the first full week of April, May and June. The lottery drawing will be on Monday, July 17, 2023, at 9:00 a.m. Deadline for entries is July 3, 2023.
The Scholarships are awarded by a lottery drawing. The application must be on a 5” x 8” stock card, which is the responsibility of the applicant to provide. There are specific qualifications and submission requirements that have been outlined on the guideline sheet that is attached. SEE GUIDELINES HERE
SOUTH SCHUYLKILL GARDEN CLUB $1,000.00 SCHOLARSHIP
Our Mission: The South Schuylkill Garden Club is dedicated to promoting greater interest and knowledge in gardening, to
stimulate interest in conservation through environmental education, and to promote community beautification.
Who is eligible: Any Schuylkill County high school senior with plans to attend an institution of higher learning within the following fields: horticulture, floriculture, landscape architecture, conservation, forestry, botany, agronomy, plant pathology, environmental control, land-use planning, land management, and related fields.
Also, college students enrolled in the aforementioned majors are especially encouraged to apply.
Printed applications are available in Guidance.
This application should be typed, signed and dated. Deadline: May 1, 2023
Please forward the completed Scholarship Application Form, a Letter of Intent, two Letters of Reference, a short essay and an Official Transcript to the Scholarship Chair:
270 Louisa Avenue
Pottsville PA 17901
Scott Bedford Memorial Education Award 2023
The Scott Bedford Memorial Education Fund in memory of Scott Bedford and Michael “Zini” Ziniewicz. is an award for a PAHS senior who attended STC and is going to further their education after graduation. The application is attached and printed copies are available in the Guidance office. Please include a copy of your acceptance letter with the application.
Attention Seniors who reside in Port Carbon or Palo Alto!!
The William Siegfried Scholarship is now available.
The $500.00 scholarship will be awarded on a competitive basis to ONE graduating senior from PAHS or Nativity. Completed applications should be returned to the Goodwill Fire Company by April 14th. All applications require an official transcript to be attached.
If you would like Guidance to submit your application for you, you must bring them everything by April 11th. If you are mailing your application yourself, it must be received no later than April 14th, 2023!!
Completed applications can be mailed by April 14th to:
Goodwill Fire Company No. 1
88 Washington Street
P.O. Box 31
Port Carbon PA 17965
Attention: Mr. Greg Schuettler
Students may bring their applications to the Guidance Office to be mailed for them by April 11th.
The Schuylkill County Captain Jason Jones Military Scholarship 2022
The scholarship is awarded in the amount of $1,000 to a qualified candidate pursuing a military career. The applicants must be candidates for graduation in 2023. The deadline to submit is May 6 2023.
The application for the scholarship can be accessed and submitted through the Captain Jason Jones Memorial Foundation website below. Paper copies of the application can also be accessed for printing at the bottom of the page.
In the event of any difficulty navigating the website, application materials can also be emailed to https://www.captainjasonjones.com/apply-for-a-scholarship
To complete the application, the following will be required:
1. Submission of the 2023 Schuylkill County CPT Jason Jones Military Scholarship Application
2. Submission of a resume (maximum of 2 pages)
3. Submission of two letters of recommendation from a high school teacher, coach, or other significant mentor (family members excluded) (maximum of 2 pages)
2023 Gary R. Brown Environmental Scholarship
Applications are due March 24!
RT Environmental Services, Inc., in partnership with the PA Chamber Foundation, established the Gary R. Brown Environmental Scholarship, to honor the professional legacy of the late Gary Brown. The scholarship has been awarded annually since 2021 to students from Pennsylvania and New Jersey pursuing a degree in the field of Environmental Sciences or Environmental Engineering.
With more than 35 years of experience in the environmental industry, Gary Brown was a highly respected engineer and entrepreneur. He first started RT Environmental Services in 1988, and established the company as a leading environmental consulting firm in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and currently be enrolled in a regionally accredited college or university.
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree in the field of Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering.
Applicants must submit the following to be considered:
- Completed application
- A total of four essays as noted in the scholarship application.
- Two letters of recommendation (Recommendations may come from teachers, coaches, counselors, community service organizations, or employers. Letters of recommendation from family members do not qualify.)
- High school transcript
- College transcript (if applicable)
Scholarship Details: https://images.magnetmail.net/images/clients/PACBI//attach/2023GaryBrownScholarshipApplication.pdf
All applications must be received by March 24, 2023 at 4:00 p.m. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The Gary R. Brown Scholarship Committee, which is comprised of executives from RT Environmental and employees of the PA Chamber, is responsible for application review and selection of scholarship recipients. Executives of RT Environmental, employees of the PA Chamber, and their immediate families are ineligible.
Scholarship recipients will be notified in May 2023 by telephone and email. The scholarship payment will be issued directly to the recipient’s college or university in July 2023. It is the recipient’s responsibility to promptly submit an invoice reflecting tuition and fees, student ID number, and contact information for the Bursar’s Office at their respective college or university to the PA Chamber Foundation. Please submit any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Catholic War Veterans Post 1051 of Pottsville Veterans Memorial Scholarship Application 2023
Two awards @ $500.00 each
This award is offered to graduating Seniors who are a Direct Descendant of a Veteran. (This includes, great grandparent, grandparent, and/or parent)
Recipients will be announced at Graduation.
Applications should be submitted to the Guidance Office by 2:45 p.m. on Monday March 27, 2023.
LEHIGH CARBON COMMUNITY COLLEGE FAFSA COMPLETION EVENTS FOR ALL STUDENTS PLANNING TO ATTEND ANY COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY IN THE FALL OF 2023
In anticipation of the financial aid priority-filing deadline of May 1 for Pennsylvania State Grant eligibility, Lehigh Carbon Community College will offer workshops to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) and the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) State Grant Application at all three LCCC campuses.
This workshop is for ANY current SENIOR or future student in the community attending ANY college that uses the FAFSA® or PHEAA State Grant Application to determine financial aid assistance such as grants, scholarships, work-study or student loans.
Students and families will have the opportunity to work with a financial aid advisor to answer questions about filing these applications and will receive additional information that will be helpful as the student and their family prepare for college and the variety of funding options.
Registration is requested and walk-ins will be accommodated based on available space in the computer labs.
Three workshop sessions at each site are available:
Wednesday, March 15, 4:30, 5:30 or 6:30 p.m., at Main Campus, Schnecksville
Tuesday, April 11, 5, 6 or 7 p.m., at the Morgan Center, Tamaqua
Wednesday, April 19, 5, 6 or 7 p.m., at the Donley Center, Allentown PHEAA representation and Spanish-speaking staff members will be available to assist at the Main Campus and the Donley Center workshops.
For additional information, contact Financial Aid at 610-799-1133 or email@example.com.
March 17th, 2023 Scholarship Day is fast approaching!March 17th
is the deadline to submit many local scholarships that are listed on the Guidance website and earlier on your Google Classroom. If you have any questions please email, call or stop by Guidance anytime.
The deadline for those listed on March 17th is 2:45 p.m. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
Here are a few helpful tips:Transcripts
: If you are turning in the scholarship application to the Guidance office, you do not need a transcript for each application! The Guidance Office will copy your transcript and attach it for you.Financial Aid Package Information
: 1 -
call or email your college's financial aid office to see when you will be getting this information. 2
- If you have NOT heard from your college how much money you are getting from them and FAFSA, and your student loans, then you need to make a note of this on your scholarship application and attach a copy of your FAFSA application that you should already have submitted. 3
- When you get financial aid information from your college, then print it and bring it to Guidance to be added to your application.
Family Tax Information: Some applications ask for 2022 Income Tax Information -
1 - if your family does not do their taxes until after March 17th, or they sent it to an Accountant and have not received a copy of the return by the 17th, then please put a note on your application, include the 2021 tax information, and then bring the 2022 tax information to Guidance when it is done.
2 - If your family does not file income tax, please just list that on your applications.
Letters of Recommendation: Some applications need them.
1 -The Yuengling is the ONLY one with a check box form. When you ask a teacher for a letter, please explain to them, they may do a letter on letterhead, and for the Yuengling, they may do the check box and attach the letter they wrote you.
2 - Please ask the teacher if you may use their letter for each of your applications.
3 - Most teachers send their letter directly to the Guidance Office, however, you should ASK them if they will do that or if they want you to stop by to pick it up.
4 - On your applications, just put a note stating which teacher's letter you want attached to this application and the Guidance Office will make the copies and attach them for you!!
5 - Remember to always thank them for writing this letter for you!!
One last note - DO NOT ask for a letter of recommendation IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE A SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION!
LITHUANIAN WOMEN'S CLUB SCHOLARSHIP 2023
Attached is the information for the Heritage Award of $200.00. Registration at a college must be verified!
DEADLINE TO APPLY: MARCH 31, 2023
SEE APPLICATION DETAILS HERE!
* Ethnic Background — family of Lithuanian ancestry
*Female Schuylkill County High School resident and graduate
*Woman must be accepted at an accredited college to receive a 4 year bachelor's degreePlease include responses to listed information pertaining to your Lithuanian background, letter of recommendation, and a brief, concise composition that reflects you and your specific interest. Our committee will only notify the successful candidate.
Remit to the GUIDANCE OFFICE.
* Student name, home address, telephone number of parent/guardian and student, e-mail address and birth date
*High School attended
*Name of any relatives who are or have been a member of the Lithuanian Women's Club of Schuylkill County
*Attended Lithuanian Day or other cultural events to learn about our customs and traditions
*College of choice with your intended major
TEMPLATE FOR 2023
* CONTACT INFORMATION - HOME ADDRESS, TELEPHONE NUMBER, E-MAIL ADDRESS
* NAME OF HIGH SCHOOL AND SCHOOL COUNSELOR AND THEIR CONTACT INFORMATION
* DATE OF GRADUATION
* COLLEGE ACCEPTANCE AND MAJOR FIELD OF STUDY
* CHURCH AFFILIATION
* Name of any relative(s) who are or have been a member of the Lithuanian Women's Club of Schuylkill County. Include their name and relationship to you. Personal Involvement with Lithuanian activities.
* A brief composition pertaining to your Lithuanian ancestry, knowledge of your family's Geneology, traditions or your history, with a little information about you. Your cultural background makes you special and we want to learn who you are through your ancestral research.
*Attach a letter of recommendation from anyone.
Deadline to submit this information to the Guidance Office is MARCH 31ST, 2023
WOMEN WHO CARE SCHOLARSHIP
DEADLINE IS MARCH 17TH, 2023 TO THE GUIDANCE OFFICE
The Women Who Care is a non-profit organization that strives to promote charitable needs of others.
They will award two $1,000.00 scholarships to deserving seniors from Schuylkill County who are planning to attend an accredited school after graduation. Both girls and boys are eligible to apply.
Please see the attached application and remember that you must follow the directions listed to be eligible.
To apply for these scholarships please click the link above, then create a user ID and password. Next click the word "Opportunities" to see the various scholarships and deadlines.
PSCA - PENNSYLVANIA SCHOOL COUNSELOR ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP
Now accepting applications for the 2023 High School Scholarship Competition.
PSCA will award ONE $1000 scholarship! SEE THE FLYER
Applications accepted through Deadline is April 1,2023
- Participants should be high school seniors planning to pursue a post-secondary education.
- Please submit a one (1) page essay of no more than 500 words (single spaced, double spaced between paragraphs) on a School Counselor who has made a difference in your academic, career and/or social-emotional development.
- The School Counselor you are writing about must be a certified School Counselor, employed as such in Pennsylvania.
- ALL Essays must be submitted electronically.
- APPLY HERE
Child Development Awards
Child Development, Inc. is again pleased to announce that we will be offering our CHILD DEVELOPMENT AWARDS to former center-based or home-based students of Child Development, Inc. (formerly known as Schuylkill County Child Development Program) that are graduating from high school throughout Schuylkill this year.
Any Senior that has ever attended Child Development during their preschool years and are continuing their formal education or entering the military, are eligible to apply for our CDI Award which has a monetary value of $100.00.
The Scottie Glunz Award — is a special award for any graduating senior that has overcome barriers or obstacles and persevered to graduate. This recipient does NOT need to be continuing their formal education
Students are reminded that they must complete the front and back of the application, sign the back and have their parent or guardian sign it as well.
Students must give the application to their School Counselor who must complete the back of the application providing their recommendation for the student. The School Counselor must also sign and date this application and enclose a copy of the student’s most recent transcript, which is also required to accompany the submitted application.
Please send your packet of applications to the Guidance Office no later than March 1st, 2023!!!
Penn State University Schuylkill Campus Wylonis Scholarships
There is still time to apply for the Wylonis and Wylonis STEM scholarships at Penn State Schuylkill. These scholarship awards are equivalent to approximately one half of the cost of in-state tuition. The purpose of these scholarships are to provide recognition and financial assistance to incoming freshman undergraduate students at Penn State Schuylkill who meet the following criteria:
· Plans to major in a STEM-related degree (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
· Holds a high school grade point average of at least 3.2 (on a scale of 4.0)
· Demonstrates leadership or entrepreneurship
· Graduates from a high school in Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania (First preference to students who graduates from North Schuylkill High School) (Applies only to the Wylonis Scholarship)
· Graduated from a high school in Schuylkill, Lehigh, Luzerne, Carbon, or Berks County Pennsylvania.(Applies only to the Wylonis STEM scholarship)
· Demonstrates financial need (2022-2023 Free Application for Federal Student Aid is required, Penn State Code: 003329)
In order be reviewed for the Wylonis and Wylonis STEM scholarships, students must:
1. File an online Wylonis application (http://schuylkill.psu.edu/form/wylonis-scholarship-application)
2. File a 2022-2023 FAFSA (https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa )
The Wylonis and Wylonis STEM scholarship application and FAFSA must be received by March 1, 2021. Applications and supporting materials will be reviewed by a committee and qualified candidates will be contacted and invited for an on campus interview.
Pottsville Area Housing Authority Scholarship
The PAHRA Board of Directors and Scholarship Committee are proud to announce our 36th annual scholarship competition, through which $12,000 will be awarded to worthy individuals striving to continue their education.
The scholarship application package - NEW THIS YEAR - is provided as a fillable form for ease in completing online.
Also, please note that applications will be due to your agency by March 15, and must be submitted to PAHRA electronically by March 31, 2023.
See the attached:
· PAHRA 2023 Scholarship Flyer
· PAHRA 2023 Scholarship Cover Memo
· PAHRA 2023 Scholarship Application Package
Please feel free to contact PAHRA Scholarship Committee Chair Barbara Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Executive Director Kelly Hicks, email@example.com, with any questions.