OPEN HOUSE DUAL ENROLLMENT - Emerging Health Professional Program
Schuylkill Technology Center, in conjunction with Penn State Schuylkill, is proud to announce the 2021-2022 school year Emerging Health Professional Open House.
Emerging Health Professionals Open House
Wednesday, December 9, 2020
6 pm- 7 pm
Link will be sent to student and parent once they RSVP to Tracey Picht
RSVP to: Tracey Picht at email@example.com
Schuylkill Technology Center is excited to announce this continual opportunity for Schuylkill County youth interested in the medical field. The Emerging Health Professional is a partnership between Penn State Schuylkill, Penn College of Technology, Lehigh Valley Health Network Schuylkill, St. Luke’s Health Network Miners, Geisinger St. Luke’s, and various other medical facilities. The Emerging Health Professional dual-enrollment program combines skills—based, interactive and university level classroom learning with shadowing in the health care setting. The program is designed to prepare students for post-secondary education by offering a college science course. Students spend two half-days a week with Penn State faculty and will shadow as available. Students participate in health curriculum taught by the STC instructor at the STC North Campus.
This program is available to seniors only and is limited to 24 participants.
Students who want to apply must:
- Attend a participating Schuylkill County school district
- Be entering their senior year
- Have an overall GPA of 3.0 or better
- Have completed one year of high school biology and chemistry with a grade of 3.0 or better
- Have an excellent attendance record
- Have written recommendations from a high school guidance counselor and one chemistry or biology teacher
- Successfully complete an interview
- Tuition: Students are responsible for the cost of all PSU college credits and any additional fees which may include required textbooks, fees, etc. Penn State Schuylkill offers a 50% tuition reduction.
- Transportation: Participants are responsible for their own transportation to all sites, including but not limited to Penn State Schuylkill and within the Lehigh Valley Health Network and St. Luke’s.
Penn State Schuylkill (PSU) offers students a total of eight college credits. Penn College of Technology offers students a total of four college credits. The courses are taught by doctorate and master’s level-science faculty.
Emerging Health Professionals students will be exposed to a variety of shadowing, simulation and other educational opportunities with Lehigh Valley Health Network and other medical facilities throughout the county. Students will be provided with a number of presentations and experiential learning experiences from masters and doctoral educated staff.
INTERESTED IN ATTENDING STC FOR THE 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR?
WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED!
- FEBRUARY 6, 2020 Tour both the North and South campuses of STC
- FEBRUARY 2, 2020 Applications available online AND in Guidance
- FEBRUARY 14, 2020 Completed STC Applications and Career Inventory are due to PAHS Guidance Office
- MARCH 17, 2020 Shadow Day at STC North
- MARCH 20, 2020 Shadow Day at STC South
STC 2020/21 APPLICATIONS ARE HERE!
STC applications for the 2020/2021 school year: 2020/2021 STC APPLICATION Career Cluster Inventory
A CAREER INTEREST INVENTORY MUST ACCOMPANY EVERY APPLICATION! Be sure to complete the above Career Cluster Inventory from STC and hand it in with your application. Your results should match your program choice.
ALL COMPLETED APPLICATIONS ARE DUE TO GUIDANCE ON OR BEFORE Friday February 14, 2020. IN ORDER FOR YOUR STC APPLICATION TO EVEN BE CONSIDERED FOR THE 2020/2021 SCHOOL YEAR, ALL AREAS MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT:
CONTACT INFORMATION - Have you moved? Make sure your address is up to date with the Academic Center.
TWO (2) SHOPS SELECTED … NOT JUST ONE
ALL FOUR ESSAYS
CAREER INTEREST INVENTORY - Complete one at either of the two websites, print out AND INCLUDE WITH YOUR APPLICATION www.educationplanner.org OR www.pacareerzone.org
Please also read the following important information on the STC Attendance Policy.The 2019/20 STC application can also be found in the PAHS GUIDANCE OFFICE.
POTTSVILLE SHADOWING DAYS AT STC
North Campus (Frackville): March 17, 2020
South Campus (Mar Lin): March 20, 2020
THE STC SHADOWING PERMISSION PACKET CAN BE PICKED UP IN THE GUIDANCE OFFICE.
- Students must sign up in the PAHS Guidance Office and have signed parent permission returned to Mrs. Stasulli by March 1, 2020
- Students must be dressed appropriately for the program that he/she is visiting (i.e. boots for masonry, welding, precision machining, carpentry, small engine, collision, and automotive technology visits.) STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO WEAR SHORTS OR FLIP FLOPS.
- Students must bring a lunch - whether it’s from home or a bagged lunch purchased through PAHS. (free & reduced lunch still applies).
- Students will shadow for ONE DAY ONLY and must select TWO SHOPS they wish to shadow – BOTH SHOPS MUST BE AT THE SAME CAMPUS.
STC NORTH - Frackville
Early Childhood Care & Education
Outdoor Power Equipment
Emerging Health Professionals
STC SOUTH- Mar Lin
Residential Industrial Electricity (RIE)
Precision Machining Technology
Computer Information Systems (CIS)