21/22 STC Course Catalog
STC SPRING OPEN HOUSE - Wed., April 28, 2021 5:30 to 7:30 pm
2021/2022 STC Applications have arrived!
The STC Application Packet includes three parts:
2) Career Interest Survey (Your results should match your TWO STC Program Choices.)
- Application Packets are available in the Guidance Office.
- Deadline to Apply - Wednesday, February 24th
- The above three documents must be completed
- ONLY completed application application packets will be considered for STC
- On the application itself be sure to complete the essays on page 2 with more than one sentence
- You must choose Two Programs on the application
- Your signature and a Parent Signature are required on the application
- If you have any questions, please contact the Guidance Office.
Emerging Health Professional Program - Schuylkill Technology Center & Penn State Schuylkill
The Schuylkill Technology Center is excited to announce this continual opportunity for Schuylkill County youth interested in the medical field. The Emerging Health Professional is a partnership between Penn State Schuylkill, Penn College of Technology, Lehigh Valley Health Network Schuylkill, St. Luke’s Health Network Miners, Geisinger St. Luke’s, and various other medical facilities. The Emerging Health Professional dual-enrollment program combines skills—based, interactive and university level classroom learning with shadowing in the health care setting. The program is designed to prepare students for post-secondary education by offering a college science course. Students spend two half-days a week with Penn State faculty and will shadow as available. Students participate in health curriculum taught by the STC instructor at the STC North Campus.
This program is available to seniors only and is limited to 24 participants.
Students who want to apply must:
- Attend a participating Schuylkill County school district
- Be entering their senior year
- Have an overall GPA of 3.0 or better
- Have completed one year of high school biology and chemistry with a grade of 3.0 or better
- Have an excellent attendance record
- Have written recommendations from a high school guidance counselor and one chemistry or biology teacher
- Successfully complete an interview
- Tuition: Students are responsible for the cost of all PSU college credits and any additional fees which may include required textbooks, fees, etc. Penn State Schuylkill offers a 50% tuition reduction.
- Transportation: Participants are responsible for their own transportation to all sites, including but not limited to Penn State Schuylkill and within the Lehigh Valley Health Network and St. Luke’s.
Penn State Schuylkill (PSU) offers students a total of eight college credits. Penn College of Technology offers students a total of four college credits. The courses are taught by doctorate and master’s level-science faculty.
Emerging Health Professionals students will be exposed to a variety of shadowing, simulation and other educational opportunities with Lehigh Valley Health Network and other medical facilities throughout the county. Students will be provided with a number of presentations and experiential learning experiences from masters and doctoral educated staff.
POTTSVILLE SHADOWING DAYS AT STC - ON Hold for this Spring 2021
North Campus (Frackville):
South Campus (Mar Lin):
- Students must sign up in the PAHS Guidance Office and have signed parent permission returned to Mrs. Stasulli by March 1, 2020
- Students must be dressed appropriately for the program that he/she is visiting (i.e. boots for masonry, welding, precision machining, carpentry, small engine, collision, and automotive technology visits.) STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO WEAR SHORTS OR FLIP FLOPS.
- Students must bring a lunch - whether it’s from home or a bagged lunch purchased through PAHS. (free & reduced lunch still applies).
- Students will shadow for ONE DAY ONLY and must select TWO SHOPS they wish to shadow – BOTH SHOPS MUST BE AT THE SAME CAMPUS.
STC NORTH - Frackville
Early Childhood Care & Education
Outdoor Power Equipment
Emerging Health Professionals
STC SOUTH- Mar Lin
Residential Industrial Electricity (RIE)
Precision Machining Technology
Computer Information Systems (CIS)